- Grass in the front and portions of the backyard. The kids love it.
- New chicken coop(still needs paint and some finishing touches)
- Turkey pen/enclosed breeding pen.
- Raised and slaughted some chicken broilers (qty 15).
- Raised and slaughtered some turkeys (qty 8).
- Leveled and planted seed in the future pasture.
My improvement goals for 2017 are as follows:
- Raise a majority of of our own poultry meat that we consume.
- Put fruit and nut trees in the orchard area.
- Fence in the pasture area.
- Use the pasture for supplement feeding for our poultry.
- Redo the composting area.
- Add grains to the garden area.
- Finish painting the new chicken coop.
- Design and build brooder/grow out/laying coops(qty 2).
- Design and build a chicken tractor for use on the pasture.
I will do better on keeping this updated; hopefully, the updates will be on progress of the 2017 improvement projects.