Sunday, March 8, 2015

Some more news.... Humidity and Garlic

All nodes are upgraded with with humidity and  reading now with the accuracy of +- 5%. So, the deployed nodes have the following sensors

  • Soil Temperature
  • Air Temperature
  • Air Humidity
Also, upgraded some of the nodes to solar in addition a new top cap was designed to accommodate this, see Figure 1.
Figure 1. Deployed node with solar panel, air temp, soil temp and humidity.

In other news..... I ran out of solder paste for the PCBs. I thought I had a another syringe of it but apparently I did not. So the PCBs have to wait until I get some solder paste in later this week.

Things are moving forward we actually found our first garlic growing above the mulch and up closer inspection we have around 25 ft poking through the mulch. Both the Susanville and Duganski garlic portions are active and doing well, see Figure 2. However, the real unknown is how well the shallots did.
Figure 2: Susanville garlic doing well.

Friday, March 6, 2015

The Monitor Node Update

Well, the Monitor Node design is in the process of getting upgraded with an integrated humidity sensor and a custom PCB.

The PCBs, a quanity of 3, just showed up from OSH Park today we'll see if it works.  I have also been playing with rough prototype moisture sensor. One that can be deployed will be completed in about 2 weeks after I get the nodes upgraded.

Well, that is it for now.